At Lumin, we take pride in our strong team-oriented culture. Although each team member brings something unique to the table, we share these core values:
- Passion to Deeply Understand and Serve
- Embrace Ongoing Desire to Improve
- Promote Teamwork and Inspires Winning Attitude
- Support Family and Personal Time
Find out more about our team by reading our bios below!
Victor Hicks II, CFP®, AIF®
Since 1995, Victor has managed corporate retirement plans, and well as, the personal assets of business owners and executives.
In addition to his role as an advisor, Victor is the owner and Managing Principal of Lumin Financial. He is responsible for the firms strategic plan, investment strategy and retirement plan consulting.
In his quest as a lifelong learner, He obtained his credentials as a CFP® (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER), and AIF® (ACCREDITED INVESTMENT FIDUCIARY). The AIF® designation certifies special knowledge of “fiduciary standards of care” and its application to the investment management process. In 2010, 2011 and 2012, Victor was listed in HOUR Detroit magazine as a “Top-Scoring Wealth Manager.” He is a proud graduate of the University of Michigan – Ross Business School.
Over his 20+ year career, Victor has spent much of his time helping clients answer important questions, like…
- “How do I give employees an opportunity to save for retirement, while protecting myself from personal liability as the retirement plan trustee?”
- “How do I maximize my own benefits in the retirement plan, and build an adequate nest egg for my family?”
- “When I eventually transition out of my business, how will I maintain the same lifestyle I’ve worked so hard to build for my family?”
What experiences prepared Victor to be an advisor?
Learning the value of teamwork, through playing football, and working in corporate America. A decade of coaching several youth sports teams. Serving as a board member for the Financial Planning Association.
What does Victor like to do for fun?
Playing football and softball, and bike riding. Relaxing at the lake or pool, with his wife, son and daughter.