At Lumin, we take pride in our strong team-oriented culture. Although each team member brings something unique to the table, we share these core values:
- Passion to Deeply Understand and Serve
- Embrace Ongoing Desire to Improve
- Promote Teamwork and Inspires Winning Attitude
- Support Family and Personal Time
Find out more about our team by reading our bios below!
Senior Wealth Advisor, CFP®, AIF®
For over 25 years, Sandra has been serving business owners and corporate executives throughout the state of Michigan and beyond. She partners with her clients to help them breakdown sometimes complex and numerous financial choices, into actionable steps. It all starts with a conversation followed by an achievable plan, and ongoing monitoring and tweaking as life evolves.
Some of the questions that she helps her clients answer are:
- Should I contribute to my company retirement plan on a pre-tax or Roth basis and how much?
- Can I afford to buy a larger home or vacation home?
- How does a health savings account work and is it the right choice for my family?
- Should I pay off my mortgage or refinance?
- What steps do I need to take today to have the flexibility to retire early?
- What if my spouse dies suddenly, will I be financially secure?
- When should I begin collecting social security?
- My daughter is starting college in the fall, what documents need to be in place?
- Should the beneficiary of my IRA be my trust?
What experiences prepared Sandra to be an advisor?
As a young child, Sandra never missed an opportunity to earn money. From lemonade stands, to paper routes, to scooping ice cream at Baskin Robbins, she learned the value of hard work and controlling her own bank account. Growing up in a household with very limited means taught her from a young age that if you want “things” you must work, and more importantly, save for them. This experience and entrepreneurial mindset lead her to the financial industry and to conclude that the ultimate path to financial freedom and peace is best achieved by being smart, responsible and in control of your finances.
What does Sandra like to do for fun?
Cooking, gardening and Tabata. When not keeping the family rescue dog Sadie entertained, she enjoys trying new restaurants and concerts with her husband, Jeff and daughters, Abby and Iris.